My collection was inspired by the ancient Japanese art of origami. I wanted to create artistic pieces with origami detailing that are truly wearable. The pieces in my collection required detailed hand-work to create structured tiers that are bold and sharp. The garments are embellished with bows and smocking.
Strapless dress is constructed by the connection of origami pieces.
- Strapless bodice and a mermaid skirt with smocking, ribbon bows, and origami pieces.
- Strapless dress with slashes to introduce the triangles on the skirt.
- Strapless bodice with a skirt constructed by origami.
- Strapless bodice with smocking, ribbon bows, and origami and pants.
- Fitted dress with smocking, ribbon bows, and origami.
- Semi-formal dress; the straps are bows made of ribbon and the skirt is constructed by origami.
- Strapless bodice built by the connection of origami pieces with a fitted skirt.